Today, wigs are available in an amazing variety of colours, lengths and styles to suit individual tastes. Wigs generally help people to achieve a cosmetic makeover by concealing bald patches. However, people may use wigs for other reasons too. Before attempting a bold change in hair style or color, people may try on a wig simply to assess Straight Hair Wig how well the new appearance suits them. Then there are people who buy wigs to get a new and different look.
Although the popularity of wigs has spurred the production of synthetic wigs, the demand for real hair wigs is still at an all-time high. Wig manufacturers now offer a repertoire of real hair wigs that are made of human hair. These natural wigs are usually made from human hair that has been sourced from various people who have consented to use their hair for wigs. Most often, customers at salons are asked if they have any objection in allowing their hair to be used for wigs. Once the customers approve, their hair is carefully collected. These customers may also be paid for donating their hair.
The human hair acquired from people is chemically treated, washed and then conditioned so that it imitates real hair. During these processes, the hair may also be considerably modified so that it can be washed, combed and dried just like natural hair. After this treatment, the hair may be colored and made available in different colors ranging from black and brown to blond and grey.
Caring For Real Hair Wigs
Now let us take a look at the basics of caring for a real hair wig.
- Never wash the wig everyday. In summers, wash the wig after you wear it about 6-8 times. In winter, you can wear a wig for about 12-15 times before washing it.
- Comb the wig regularly with a wire wig brush to prevent tangles from developing.
- While washing, use cold water and a mild shampoo and take care not to scrub it.
- After washing, gently dry the wig with a towel and then air dry it by placing it on a wire head. You may also use a dryer to blow dry the wig.
- Hot hair styling tools can be safely used on real hair wigs.
- Real hair wigs can also be set with a light hair spray.
It is important to purchase wigs from renowned manufacturers since quality wigs will last longer and will not get knotted during regular styling. It is best to purchase your wig and its accessories from the same location.